Tuesday, May 25, 2010


Here are our 5 babies. From 9 eggs, 6 hatched and 5 lived. We had to help the black ducks they didn't seem to be progressing. It made me wonder if they could have come from the Muscovy because they take longer to incubate. The yellow are Peking and the gray is a runner. The black are some type of cross.
I have found 36 guinea eggs and we have put them in to hatch. it has been 3 days they take 28 days to hatch.
We have started selling our fresh eggs. $1 a dozen, have sold 11 dozen so far. Sold 4 blue egg laying babies for $2.50 each. If I could catch them I have 6 guineas sols for $10 a each. I also have someone waiting on the baby guineas to buy. I have the babies we hatch last month and our now pullet's. I think I will put them in the paper next week ans see if we can make a little more from them.

No comments:

Post a Comment