Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Went home last night and a baby deer needs feed. So now along with everything else we are feeding a baby deer to set free. I did a search and need to buy milk replacement at the feed store. My Aunt Debbie has raised about 15 of them over the years. Every 2 hours is tough. Thank goodness we all pitch in for the responsiblity. So jeff and I head to town and fins a turtle upside down in the road it is hurt but not dead. We take it home, clean it up, give it some water and this morning what do I find????? Yes a turtle egg. Could we feed anything else ? I will upload a picture of the deer tomorrow. Iam working in the Princeton WV office today. It is a short day thank heavens for that. I just finished both magazine ads and am heading to the feed store for that milk. Hopefully I can spend some time with my chickens today.

2 comments:

  1. Turtle Eggs! WOW. That sounds great. I had a big ol' problem with the slugs eating my green beans in the garden soooo. I googled my problem and found that BEER (of all things) would get rid of them. You get a small bowl or deep lid put it at ground level, fill with beer and they will goto the beer to eat/drink it (whatever they do) & Die...Yayy. So Roberts at the store getting me some beer (no I didnt have any...I know your suprised) to kill the slugs.
    Thought Id share.
    Love You!!
    Paige

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol...Your so funny. The beer will make them drunk not dead. After you have them collected pour some salt on them just not in your yard nothing will grow where the salt goes. Iam very proud of you finding away other than posion.

    ReplyDelete